Saturday 6 August 2011

Today I took the folks to Southwold.  Dad wanted to go to a railway exhibition.  Some may find it boring and although I am not particularly interested in the functions of how the railways themselves work I do enjoy looking at the models and the intricacy of the layouts ...







this is just an example of one layout.  Jnr of course had a ball, like any little boy he finds trains exciting, especially if he gets to make them go really fast.  O and especially if the name of the train is Thomas....






There was of course more fun to be had when we went for a ride on a small train and 2 traction engines outside ...

(please note those aren't freaky children riding with Jnr on the traction engine ride.  I have edited photo as I thought it unfair to have someone else's child on display on my blog without permission)

After we had finished at the exhibition we made our way to Southwold beach for fish and chips.  Jnr and mum had a go on a carousal ...


A pleasant day was had by all really.  I just wish I had the energy to get in my Work Box and have a play, maybe tomorrow eh ??






3 comments:

vixen said...

Sounds like a wonderful day :) My boys would love looking at all the train models :)

Sarah Nello said...

Harry is so cute! Looks like you had a great day out! :o)

nerllybird said...

That looks like fun. I love looking at miniature things, it fascinates me the amount of work that's gone into them.

I posted a layout a while ago of a school trip - had to go through it in Photoshop and blur 44 children's faces one by one, lol!
Helen S