Wednesday 25 June 2008

Winnie the Pooh and Friends Painted Cabinet







Well as you can see I have been busy doing something.

This is a changing cabinet that a friend of my parents made for our soon to be new arrival. It was a plain MDF cabinet and I decided to have a go at painting. Its the first time I have used acrylic paints in this way and I had to remember back to my school days to when we had to mix primary colours to make other colours as my paint supply is limited. I did have to use some artistic license with some of the colouring... but I have to say I am so chuffed with the final result.

I still have a few bees and butterfly's to paint on the sides and doors and the two or three coats of varnish ... but heres hoping it will be finished by the weekend.

1 comment:

Rach said...

THis is gorgeous, you are so talented!
I love the knitted blanket too,
Good luck...
Rachel