Wednesday 27 July 2011

 So please.... can someone tell me how is a woman suppose to get any work done when tea like this exists.  It's one of the most delicious tea's I have tasted and I think I am addicted.  'Just another cuppa then I will start...' , should be my motto,  does it sound familiar ??  or is it just me ??
I have managed to do a few things on my to-do list but yes you've guess it I have stop for just another cuppa or two !!



Someone once said to me 'a house with no books is a house with no soul'.  In my opinion that is so true.  I love books.  I love the look of them on a shelf, I love the smell of them, I love the feel of them and most of all I LOVE the information each one holds inside.  My parents are book people, I was always surrounded by books as a child and I have made sure that my son is also surrounded by these wonderful creations.  Jnr is just about to turn three and he is now showing an interest.  He now asks for me to read to him at night-time, and he also asks throughout the day if I can read him a story.  Even as I type this he is sitting quietly with a book.

I was really pleased yesterday when I happen to drop into a charity shop and I found two little books, both of which Jnr has enjoyed looking at. A mere bargain at 49p for the pair, of course being a charity shop I gave a pound as both books are in pristine condition.  Whilst I am talking bargains I have to share with you all my recent 'finds' on eBay.  Now I am not one for labels but I am coming to the conclusion that they do tend to be slightly better quality.  So I thought I would look around to see what I could find.  So far I have bagged a brand new with labels pair of Superdry jeans for less than £15, a pair of Bench jeans (worn once) for less than £8, a Jack Wills rugby shirt (worn but in excellent condition) for less than £15  and another Jack Wills hoodie for less than £15.  Now if you know the prices of these items when brand new you will know that these are real bargains. And of course to boot I am saving the planet through recycling ........ happy days !

23.06
Well I have had a enjoyable and productive afternoon and evening.  I opened up my Scrap Work Box and had a good ol' play....... see my Scrap Stuff for more of that.
When I decided to open up the Box I thought it might be good if Jnr had a chance to do some crafty stuff so I let him loose with the inks and stamps, pens and crayons and this was the result ...






The picture here of his face was actually taken a minute before he rubbed his black hands all over his face, unfortunately I couldn't grab the camera to get a shot as he was also about to rub his hands all over my soft furnishings and carpet, I'm afraid they had to come first !!  He has loadsa fun though making a huge black mess over himself.





I just wanted to share this picture of Jnr and Jasper.  I am so glad that I have managed to get a lovely shot of them together so that Jnr will always have a photo memory of him and Jay.  They have such a close bond and much respect for each other.  Jay is now almost 13, not in the best of health and so I know that everyday is a bonus. 



4 comments:

My not so simple life said...

some great photos there. Hope the tea doesnt distract too much from housework today!

Unknown said...

what a wee cutie your boy is!!!

Claire said...

I too have a tea addiction & a thing for books, I also have a black labrador who is 9 & not in the best of health (arthritis), we're quite similar :D your little lad is a cutie too.
C
xx

LMK31 said...

Ah what a cutie! :) x